“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.”
― Meister Eckhart
Give thanks frequently and copiously, to food, bountifulness, existence, nature, good fortune, loved ones, successes, and career. By doing so, you’ll shake the tree of good fortune and release its plentiful payload in ways both seen and unseen, lifting yourself, others, and the rest of the universe to a higher plane of existence.
We are indebted to so many things. The cosmos, the planet, our ancestors, parents, family and friends, cellular and atomic structure, and the Great Creator. If we don’t give thanks to the many things at the core of our physical and spiritual being, we lose contact with things real and right. We become disconnected, lose our balance, and drift accordingly.
Giving thanks also keeps us connected to those things that are most important to us. Things in our immediate environment such as family and the resources we consume. It also returns us to the spirit at the heart of our existence. When we remain close to the source, we recognize its undeniable significance and, begin looking at the wonderful world it provides to us, in different and more respectful and meaningful ways.
1. Give thanks to 1-2 things in your life every day when you awake.
2. Find a quiet place once a day, sit, and contemplate the many miracles that are required to sustain your existence.
3. Say a prayer before meals from time-to-time.
4. Thank those that have helped you through the years.
5. Give thanks regularly to the planet that sustains every aspect of your existence. Your air, water, atmosphere, food, fuels, plastics, and products. Nothing you are or have doesn’t come from her.
6. Take action to care for the planet. Recycle, conserve, boycott, and resist all behavior that blindly takes from the planet without giving anything in return.
7. Give thanks to the Great Creator for setting into motion this wonderful miracle of being.
8. Enjoy the solace that comes from being thankful and being grateful.